The Lodovico Riva di Sanseverino prize is awarded to scientists having a clear affiliation with the ECA region, in recognition of notable contributions to the dissemination of crystallography in the field of education at all levels. The prize consists of a financial award (2 k€). In ECM years, calls for nominations to the Lodovico Riva di Sanseverino prize are published by ECA. The Lodovico prize is awarded every three years.
The first prize will be awarded at the 34th European Crystallographic Meeting in Padova (26-30 August 2024).
The prize committee is established for a period of 6 years; the prize committee members are nominated by the Executive Committee.
The chairperson of the Lodovico prize committee issues a call for nominations in January in the year the prize is awarded. Nomination closes this year at the 15th of April.
Nominators may be ECA Individual Members, or any person from a national member of ECA, or any Corporate Affiliated Member. The nominator must ensure a signed acceptance of the nomination by the nominee. The nominator must indicate briefly why the candidate is nominated and may include matters such as publication record and the impact of his/her research in the scientific community. The minimal information to be submitted is as follows:
- Nomination letter: maximum 1 page, which should include:
- overview of career milestones: scientific pioneering achievements, education
- commitment to community
- contributions to the dissemination of crystallograpy at all levels
- nomination on behalf of whom: individual(s), university, national association, …
- CV of nominee (maximum 1 page):
- Academic degrees
- Academic and/or industrial career; appointments
- Teaching and dissemination activities
- Roles in committees and/or in learned societies
- Science impact indicators: number of publications, h-index, i10-index, …
- Publication list (maximum 20, the most significant ones)
Nominations should be addresssed to Annalisa Guerri.
More information about the ECA prizes, including the Lodovico Riva di Sanseverino prize, are given in By-law 8.