The flagship of ECA activities is the European Crystallographic Meeting (ECM), held every year, except when there is an IUCr Congress. The ECMs are the main meeting point for crystallographers in the ECA area to show their recent research. Microsymposia at ECMs are proposed and organized by ECA SIGs.
The ECMs are the general meetings of the ECA and are held every year when there is no IUCr congress.
See you in Padova!
The 34th European Crystallographic Meeting, ECM34, will take place in Padova, Italy, from 26-31 August 2024.
Padova is one of the most charming towns in Italy and hosts a lively University that is among the oldest in Europe. The historical centre boasts a wealth of medieval, renaissance and modern architecture. From Giotto to Mantegna, from Donatello to Galileo Galilei, Padova has been host to the greatest artists and scientists of the ages, making it a temple of knowledge.
On behalf of the European Crystallographic Association and of the Italian Association of Crystallography (AIC), we look forward to meet you in Padova in 2024.
ECM-34: Padova, Italy, 20-24 August 2024
ECM-35: Lviv, Ukraine, August 2025
- ECM-21: Durban, South Africa: 24-29.8.2003
- ECM-20: Krakow, Poland: 25 – 31.8.2001
- ECM-19: Nancy, France: 25 – 31.8.2000
- ECM-18: Praha, Czech Republic, 16-20.8.1998
- ECM-17 Lisboa, Portugal, 24-28.8.1997
- ECM-16 Lund, Sweden), 6-11.8.1995
- ECM-15 Dresden, Germany, 28.8-2.9.1994
- ECM-14 Enschede, Netherlands, 2-7.8.1992
- ECM-13 Ljubljana – Trieste, Slovenia – Italy, 26-30.8.1991
- ECM-12 Moscow, USSR, 20-29.8.1989
- ECM-11 Vienna, Austria, 28.8-2.9.1988
- ECM-10 Wrocław, Poland, 5-9.8.1986
- ECM-9 Torino, Italy, 2-6.9.1985
- ECM-8 Liège, Belgium, 8-12.8.1983
- ECM-7 Jerusalem, Israel, 29.8-3.9.1982
- ECM-6 Barcelona, Spain, 28.7-1.8.1980
- ECM-5 Copenhagen, Denmark, 13-17.8.1979
- ECM-4 Oxford, UK, 30.8-3.9.1977
- ECM-3 Zürich, Switzerland, 6-10.9.1976
- ECM-2 Keszthely, Hungary, 26-29.8.1974
- ECM-1 Bordeaux, France, 5-8.9.1973