2020 was a particular year, keeping communication on the scientific scene on an extremely low level. SIG4, therefore, decided to fill the information gap and organize a short workshop on 17 December 2020 for keeping the community alive and updated on the progress in the field of electron crystallography.
The list of topics to cover includes:
- 3D electron diffraction – data acquisition, processing, applications in diverse fields of materials science
- Serial crystallography
- In-situ electron crystallography
- Inelastic and multiple scattering of electrons
- Low dose data acquisition
List of confirmed Speakers
- Robert Bücker (Hamburg University, Germany)
- Iryna Andrusenko (Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, Pisa, Italy)
- Hongyi Xu (Stockholm University, Sweden)
- Lukáš Palatinus (Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague, Czech Republic)
- Tatiana Gorelik (Ulm University, Germany)
- Joke Hadermann (University of Antwerp, Belgium)
- Ute Kolb (University of Mainz, Germany)
- Philippe Boullay (CNRS, Caen, France)
- Tim Grüne (University of Vienna, Austria)
- Stef Smeets (Netherlands eScience center)
- Jan-Peter Abrahams (PSI, University of Basel, Switzerland)
- Alex Eggeman (University of Manchester, UK)
- Holger Klein (Institut Néel, Université Grenoble Alpes and CNRS, Grenoble, France)
- Louisa Meshi (Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Be’er Sheva, Israel)
- Partha Das (NanoMEGAS SPRL, Brussels, Belgium)
The workshop is organized in online format, which is new to all of us. We yet hope that it will allow for scientific communication and serve as a platform for discussions and project planning. We plan three scientific sessions interrupted with “virtual” coffee and lunch breaks in the time span from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. CET (GMT+1). The time after 4 p.m. can be used for private discussions.
We encourage you to join the workshop and register using the mask provided below. Registered users will receive a Webex link which guide them to the meeting.
In the mean time we wish you all the best and stay healthy.
Registration for the Christmas Workshop on Electron Crystallography.