The school will be held in Lisbon, at the Chemical Engineering Department of Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisbon University.
The program of the 2022 School will be focused in X-ray crystallography of powders, small molecules and macromolecules, covering from the fundaments of Diffraction to the latest developments in the fields.
It will be directed to young students: undergraduate, graduate, postgraduate and young scientists who want to learn about crystallography, either because they are working on their Master or PhD degrees, or they want to extend their knowledge in this leading and exciting scientific area.
Theoretical and practical lectures, hands-on tutorials, and laboratory practical sessions are planned. The attendees will be divided into small groups for tutorials and laboratory practical sessions, so that they can have hands-on experience. The tutorials and laboratory sessions in Macromolecular Crystallography will be off-site, around 10km away. Transportation will be provided.
- Fundamentals of Diffraction
- Protein Crystallization Techniques
- Crystallization of Small Molecules
- Data collection, reduction, and analysis
- Structure solution & refinement
- Data validation, CIF preparation and data handling
- Crystallographic Databases (CSD & PDB)
- Powder Diffraction – Rietveld refinement
- Powder Diffraction – Structure Solution
Please visit this link for more information and to register for the school.