Senior Crystallographers ECA General Interest Group
- I. Name of the Group
- The name of this group shall be Senior Crystallographers’ General Interest Group (hereafter GIG-SC) of the European Crystallographic Association.
- II. Purpose
- The purpose of the GIG-SC is to represent the interests, needs and concerns of Senior Crystallographers as defined under IV. The goals of the GIG-SC are:
- To incorporate the senior crystallographers into the European Crystallographic Association community and to promote activities at scientific, organizational and social levels.
- To construct an appropriate scenario for the exchange of ideas and information relevant to senior crystallographers.
- III. Relationship with the European Crystallographic Association
- The GIG-SC is integrated in the European Crystallographic Association by decision of its executive committee at its meeting in Bergen, Norway, 7th – 11th August 2012. The GIG-SC will conform to the Statutes of the European Crystallographic Association.
- IV. Membership
- Membership of the GIG-SC is open to all crystallographers in accord with its objectives and with an interest in its activities.
- V. Organization
- The organization of the GIG-SC is administered by a committee of six (6) people elected from the members of the GIG-SC.
- The committee appoints a Chair, a Co-Chair, a Secretary and a webmaster chosen from amongst the committee members.
- The term of office of each committee member shall run from one General Meeting of the GIG-SC to the next. The term of any committee member is limited to four consecutive periods.
- VI. Activities
- The GIG-SC may engage in any activities consistent with the Constitution of the European Crystallographic Association, its By-laws, and its Operating Rules, which in its opinion further the purposes of the GIG-SC.
- The GIG-SC should:
- Organize sessions at European Crystallographic Meetings that are in line with the GIG-SC interests and devised in cooperation with the respective Program Committee of the Meeting.
- Offer assistance with the organization of microsymposia and plenary talks at the European Crystallographic Meetings.
- Organize social activities for the GIG-SC members at European Crystallographic Meetings.
- Set-up and maintain a GIG-SC web-site containing relevant information for the GIG-SC and its members.
- VII. GIG-SC General Meetings
- A General Meeting of the GIG-SC shall be held at each of the European Crystallographic Meetings organized by the European Crystallographic Association. A General Meeting may optionally also be organized at each Congress of the International Union of Crystallography.
- A simple majority of those members present shall be sufficient to pass a motion or an election at these meetings.
- The GIG-SC Committee shall inform GIG-SC members of the time and place of the General Meeting and remind members of the GIG-SC of the elections to be held during the General Meeting.
- The GIG-SC Committee shall invite GIG-SC members to submit proposals for future activities and feedback about the functioning of the GIG-SC.
Version 11th September 2015
These statutes were unanimously approved by the General Meeting of the GIG-SC held on Tuesday 25th August 2015 in Rovinj, Croatia.