- This event has passed.
IUCr Computing School
August 17, 2020 - August 22, 2020
we announce the IUCr Computing School in Nove Hrady (Czech Republic) which will take place between the 17th and the 22nd August 2020 prior to the IUCr congress in Prague. Registration has already started.
Active developers of crystallographic software, tools and methods are invited to participate at this Computing School. The school is not introductory and it is recommended that participants already have some basic programming skills and crystallographic knowledge. Our aim is to discuss and exchange ideas and to tackle the challenges related to the method development in crystallography. Participants can be early career scientists (PhD students, Postdocs, etc.) as well as established developers.
Our confirmed speakers are:
- Simon Billinge (Columbia University, USA)
- Luc Bourhis (Bruker, France)
- Paul Boyle (Western University, London, Ontario, Canada)
- Iracema Caballero (Institut de Biologia Molecular de Barcelona, Spain)
- Gemma de la Flor (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany)
- Dorothee Liebschner (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, USA)
- Rafiga Masmaliyeva (Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Azerbaijan)
- Garib Murshudov (Laboratory of Molecular Biology-MRC, UK)
- Reinhard Neder (Institute of Condensed Matter Physics, Erlangen, Germany)
- Alexandre Ourjoumtsev (Institut de Génétique et de Biologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire, France)
- Randy Read (University of Cambridge, UK)
- Massimo Sammito (University of Cambridge, UK)
- Arkadiy Simonov (Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich, Switzerland)
- Melanie Vollmar (Diamond Light Source Ltd, Harwell Science & Innovation Campus, United Kingdom)
- Thomas White (Center for Free-Electron Laser Science, Hamburg, Germany)
For any questions regarding the school please contact us.
Claudia Millán (cmncri at ibmb.csic.es)
Martin Lutz (m.lutz at uu.nl)
Jan Rohlicek (rohlicek at fzu.cz)