Last updated 17/06/2021
How do we protect your data?
Your privacy is very important to us, which is why we make sure you are always in control of what we do with your personal information. ECA wants to share information and news about our activities with you. We can do this in various ways including email, post or social media, but only if you would like us to.
- We never pass your personal details to anyone outside ECA for their own marketing purposes unless you have previously provided us with your informed and specific consent.
- We ensure that we obtain your express consent before we contact you by any method for any purpose.
- You can change your contact preferences at any time. All you need to do is update your preferences by going to your member’s profile page or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your personal information is stored safely and will remain secure at all times.
- No statistical information which identifies you personally will be published.
- No personal information will be kept any longer than necessary in order to fulfill the purpose it was collected for, and if you ask us to, it will be deleted.
- We always delete your personal information if requested by you to do so
- We always comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and all other applicable laws and EU Directives.
- We ask from time to time people who are external to the Executive Comittee to write an article for the website, e.g. for an obituary. They give thereby their explicit consent that their name is published along with the article.
- ECA price winners give their explicit consent that their photograph and name appear on the ECA website.
- ECA councillors give their explicit consent that their names appear on the ECA website.
- ECA Council Meeting minutes are only accessible for ECA Individual Members, National Members, and Corporate Affiliate Members
Please let us know if your details change so that we can keep in touch.
What kind of information do we collect about users?
We collect information to provide you with a better experience of using our website and newsletters. In order to provide you with access to certain services or data within our websites and online forms, we may require that you provide certain personal information.For ECA members registered on our website, this information include your name, e-mail address and country. We also store the personal information you decide to provide in your user profile. All information beyond name, country and email is optional. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
We collect information in the following ways:
- Logging the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer to be able to receive and send information on the Internet.
- Collecting personal data and other information from you as part of online forms, comments and surveys
How do we use your information?
ECA will process your data (for example your name, email address, country of residence) in accordance with your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998. We may process your information in any number of ways and on any databases, we use for the following purposes:
- To create an electronic record of your data to enable your request for information to be processed
- To administer and manage the information we make available to you
- To compile delegate lists for distribution to attendees at our events, or for advertising ECA promoted events
- To assist us with statistical analysis and compliance with our legal obligations, policies and procedures.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
How and with whom do we share your information?
We take our obligations and responsibilities regarding protecting your privacy very seriously, and therefore, we exercise great care to protect the information we collect about you. We will share your information outside ECA only in the following circumstances:
- You have provided your express prior consent, and the contractor or organisation is working directly with us as a partner as a part of maintaining our activities. Service providers and suppliers are required to keep confidential and secure the personal information received from us and may not use it for any other purpose other than as originally intended.
- To any third parties who provide a service or benefits to you in connection with your membership.
- If compelled by law to do so.
We use secure technology in all our email communications and unless you have provided us with your clear and express consent, we do not disclose your email address to any other recipient.
Subject access rights
If you write to us with a request, you will have a right to be provided with a copy of all personal information we hold about you.
Right to request a correction
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
You can request that we correct or update your personal data at any time to ensure that your information is accurate and up-to-date.
Right to be forgotten
We may be required to archive your personal information however, we will not retain personal data for longer than is necessary for the purpose we obtained it. You have the right to request that we delete your personal information in certain circumstances, ie where the purpose for collecting your personal information no longer exists and we are not obligated to retain all or any part of your personal information for legal reasons.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Withdrawing your consent
You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us gro.s1632812801wenac1632812801e@yra1632812801terce1632812801s1632812801">here.
Our right to change this privacy statement
This Privacy Statement may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our online information practices. We will indicate at the top of the statement when it was most recently updated. We recommend that you visit our Privacy Statement page whenever you visit our websites so that you are aware of any changes.