Registration is now open for the European Young Crystallographers Satellite Meeting, which will take place on Sunday 28th August 2016 at the UniBasel Biozentrum.
At this event, early career researchers will have the opportunity to present their work and socialise with their peers in an informal and friendly environment.
Oral and poster presentations from all aspects of crystallography will ensure that there is something for everyone’s interests!
Abstracts for this satellite meeting should be sent directly to Andrew Maloney (firstname.lastname@example.org). Abstract submission is still open for poster presentations.
A registration fee of EUR 25.00 is payable by clicking on the “Buy Now” button below.
Scope and Objectives
The purpose of the General Interest Group for Young Crystallographers (GIG-YC) is to represent the interests, needs and concerns of European Young Crystallographers. In particular the GIG’s goals are:
- To incorporate the YCs into the ECA community and promote activities at scientific, organizational and social levels
- To construct an appropriate scenario for the exchange of ideas and information relevant to YCs
- To act as a breeding ground for new projects and collaborations between different groups initiated by YCs taking their first steps into independent research
Membership of this Group is open to all European graduate students as well as postdoctoral fellows or other young scientists who are starting their career in crystallography or in any related area. To join the group you must be an individual member of the ECA. For registration please click the “Join Group” button in this page.
- Co-chair – Andrew Maloney (Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre)
- Co-chair – Celine Mariette (Laboratoire de Physique des Solides – Orsay)
- Secretary – Charlie McMonagle (University of Edinburgh)
- Treasurer – Morten Bormann Nielsen (University of Aarhus)
- Webmaster – Sofiane Saouane (University of Gottingen)
- Board member – Natalie Johnson (University of Newcastle)
- Board member – Philip Miguel Kofoed (Copenhagen University)
- Board member – Lucy Mapp (Universivty of Southhampton)
- Board member – Filip Topic (University of Jyväskylä)
- For general queries, please use the following address: email
ECA National Member Representatives:
- Austria – Nikolaus Goessweiner-Mohr (University of Graz)
- Czech Rep. & Slovakia – Andrea Stepankova (Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic)
- France – Lydia Brelot (Universite de Strasbourg)
- Denmark – Peter Nørby (Aarhus University)
- Germany – Roland Schierholz (Darmstadt University of Technology)
- Greece – Christina Drakou (National Hellenic Research Foundation)
- Israel – Hatem Titi (Tel Aviv University)
- Italy – Laura Chelazzi (Universita di Bologna)
- Poland – Kamil Dziubek (Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznan)
- Portugal – Vânia André (Instituto Superior Tecnico, Lisboa)
- Spain – Jorge Pasán (Universidad de La Laguna)
- South Africa – Tinus Viljoen (University of the Free State, Bloemfontein)
- Switzerland – Aurélien Crochet (University of Fribourg)
- Russia – Boris Zakharov (Novosibirsk State University)
- Ukraine – Liliana Lukashuk (University of Kyiv)
- United Kingdom – Susanne Coles (University of Southampton)
Former Committee Members:
- Laura Roces (Universidad de Oviedo)
- Susanne Coles (University of Southampton)
- Alexander van Driessche (LEC, IACT, Granada)
- Pete Wood (Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre)
- Anna Lehner (University of California, Santa Barbara)
- Kirsten Marie Ørnsbjerg Jensen (Columbia University)
- Ian Hutchison (University of Strathclyde)